Becoming an excellent study program which develops science and technology in the library science based on the philosophy of Tri Hita Karana
- Undertaking vocational education in order to produce high quality human resources in library science;
- Conducting research in order to develop and implement science and technology in the library science;
- Undertaking social services as the implementation of science and technology in the framework of increasing the contribution made by Diploma Three program to the people’s prosperity;
- Creating mutually benefitting cooperation and partnership with other universities, related institutions, the world and industrial world in the library science.
- Producing professional associate librarians for all types of libraries;
- Producing librarians with professional and academic capabilities in the library science, technology and information so that graduates can be employed at libraries and other related fields;
- Producing associate librarians who can and are skilled in performing various library-related activities;
- Producing associate librarians with personality of integrity who behave positively tosociety;
- Producing associate librarians who can and are skilled in facing the changes taking place at libraries related to the technology and information used at libraries;
- Producing prospective librarians who can and are skilled in the communication and cooperation among libraries.
Profile of Graduates
- University Librarians
Becoming skilled librarians who can well and appropriately manage different types of libraries such as the school library, public library, academic library, and specific library in accordance with the theories of the management of the institution of information.
- School Librarians
Becoming file and document technicians who are skilled in managing documents and files in different institutions using the technology of information in accordance with the principles and guidance to the professional and competent management of documents and files, and who highly appreciate the values Pancasila contains.
- Librarians in Public and Specific Libraries
Becoming skilled analysts of information who can operate the data-processing related programs in different centers of information.