Becoming anexcellent study program which develops science, technology, and arts in English Language Education based on the philosophy of Tri Hita Karana.
- Undertaking education and teaching to produce high quality human resources in English Language Education;
- Conducting research to develop and implement science and technology in English language education;
- Undertaking social services as the implementation of science and technology in order to increase the contribution made by the Study Program of English Language Education to the people’s prosperity;
- Undertaking mutually benefiting cooperation and partnership with other universities, related institutions, the industrial and business world in English Language Education based on the Memorandum of Understanding made by Ganesha University of Education with them.
The Study Program of Stratum One in English Language English is established to produce graduates with the following expertise:
- English Language Teachers: the graduates of Stratum One of English Language Education are expected to be competent in designing, undertaking, and conducting research in the innovative and effective English learning through formal and non-formal educational programs, to show moral and cultured conducts, and to appreciate differences.
- Researchers: it is expected that the graduates of Stratum One of English LanguageEducation are competent enough to conduct preliminary research in English Language Education and the matters pertaining to languages and literature using the scientific ethics and way of thinking to identify scientific problems.
- Experts: it is expected that the graduates of Stratum One of English Language Education are competent enough to be professional translators, teach English for Specific Purposes, and write creatively. It is also expected that they are competent enough to develop the expertise, skill and science in languages using the current sources, theoretical and empirical development, and to communicate personally using the technology of information with ethics and great morality.
Profile of Graduates
- English Language Teachers
Becoming professional teachers of English Language, having high pedagogic and scientific capability, and being able to manage the motivating, innovative, creative, challenging, and pleasant learning process.
- Researchers in English Language Education
Being able to conduct preliminary research in English language education and the matters pertaining to languages and literature using the logical and scientific way of thinking to find out any alternative solution to any problem.
- Experts in English Language Education
Being highly good at the concept of the theoretical basis in English Language Education, being able to formulate how to settle procedural problems in English LanguageEducation, and being able to communicate orally and in writing, and to establish productive interpersonal relationships.